Those immortal words “He’s not the Messiah, He’s a very naughty boy!” are so well known, that when you hear them you are immediately taken to one of the funniest films in the 80’s. Well, this movie happens to be one of our favourites and we were so happy to come across it as a slot game, that we had to play. The game is a culmination of work created and ran by both Ash Gaming and Playtech. Let’s see just how Monty Pythons – Life of Brian holds up against us superfans here at Boku Slots.
Monty Pythons – Life of Brian is a 5-reel, 30 fixed pay line slot, offering a very nice RTP of 94% for players. Whilst this may be low, there are lots of features running throughout the game that make up for it. Read on or else we will have to set the Judeans Peoples Front on to you. But you may want to watch the introduction video first, which is the title song of the movie; we love a good outtake.
The symbols are characters from the movie including Brian’s Mum, the centurion, Pontius, the jailer, Mr Cheeky and of course Brian himself.
Bet Amounts – Betting on Monty Pythons – Life of Brian begins at 1p per line in play, making it as low as 30p per spin and can be increased to £10 per line making it a whopping £300 per spin. Thankfully there are many variations in between the lowest and highest stake, just be sure to amend the bet before hitting spin.
Wild Symbol – The Life of Brian logo is your wild symbol and will substitute for all other symbols except the scatters. You will find that it is also the highest paying symbol too, offering 100x coins for landing 3 on a winning line and 1000x coins for landing 5 on a winning line.
Scatter Symbols – In Monty Pythons – Life of Brian there is not one but two scatter symbols, you have the Temple Scatter and the Crucifix Scatter.
- Temple Scatter – land 3 temple scatter symbols on reels 1, 3 and 5, and you will be taken to the Life of Brian Bonus Game. There you have the chance to pick from one of the four mini games available,
- Crucifix Scatter – land 3 crucifix scatter symbols on reels 3, 4 and 5 to trigger the bonus spins feature.
Life of Brian Bonus Feature – Having triggered this you will be taken to a new screen showing you a reel with four options on it. The long arm of the reel will settle on either a cash prize, multiplier or a mystery prize for the game, and the smaller hand chooses the game you will playout of the following:
- What’s so funny bonus game – as in the movie its time to guess which of the guards will last the longest, before cracking up whilst Pontius Pilate speaks. Pick the guard you think will last longest to get the biggest prize.
- Stoning bonus game – off we go for some light entertainment at a stoning, you simply have to pick a person to throw stones at to win prizes. If you hear the guard ask if there are women present, you will get to pick someone who has a beard for extra prizes too. The round will end once a large rock has been thrown, so pray for smaller rocks to up your prize fund.
- Romani eunt Ite Domum bonus game – time to show off your artwork and spray some anti roman graffiti with Brian. You must cover as much of the wall as possible before the sun rises, to win as much as you can.
- Peoples Front of Judea bonus game – ever wondered what the romans really did here, well pick items from the screen and you will learn and win at the same time. Keep picking items until you reveal the word collect which will end the round.
Always Look on the Bright Side of Life Bonus Spins Feature – That’s a mouthful isn’t it? Once you have triggered this feature on Monty Pythons – Life of Brian you will be taken into your bonus spins. The first thing you need to do is choose members of the Judean Peoples Front Suicide Squad. Each one you choose will award you with several spins. When you click on the person that says start, that’s when the real fun begins. With every spin that doesn’t win, your multiplier will increase x1 and will not decrease after a win. Should you land three golden crucifix’s during the round, you will be taken to the Crucifixion Bonus at the end of the round. Here you will be asked to pick one person as a crucifee and that person will reveal one of the following options:
- to play the round again with the full amount of spins you began with,
- extra spins, carrying on with the multiplier that was in place when your bonus round ended,
- a random cash prize.
Foot of God Progressive Jackpot Feature – This feature triggers randomly and at any point the foot of god will stamp on the reels. Once this happens you are going to be given one of the following choices.
- Pick a holy item to win a cash prize,
- Pledge allegiance to win a cash prize,
- Awarded the progressive jackpot prize fund.
Wild Spaceship Respin Feature – After any losing spin you may witness Brian falling down the reels, only to be caught by the spaceship. After this, a random stack of symbols will turn wild and the rest of the reels will respin. More wilds will be added as the reels spin until you land a win, at which point the feature ends and the reels go back to normal.
Well, if this game hasn’t already bowled you over, once you start playing we are sure you will appreciate it all. The symbols come to life with short outtakes from the movie, also the reels spin to the sound track and last of all if you click the shaking bush a hermit jumps out and shouts at you too. A lot of thought has gone into the game and it shows. Obviously Playtech and Ash Gaming have tried to keep Monty Pythons – Life of Brian as close to the movie as possible and we think they have done a stellar job. With so many features and ways to win you can see why anyone would love this, not just the fans of The Life of Brian movie.