Boku Slots is an affiliation website. We help you find gambling sites where you can play with real money.
Many or all of the products and brands featured here are from our partners who compensate us. This may influence how the product or brand appears on a page. However, this does not influence our evaluations. Our opinions are our own.
The information on this page, including operator and game details, is updated regularly but subject to change.
Rainbow Riches has a wide variety of options to play and they are one of the more popular slot franchises around. Developed by Barcrest we will now take a look at Rainbow Riches Reels of Gold and see what our plucky little leprechaun pal has in store for us. With two great features and the introduction of the big bet choices, you are sure to be in for a great time with this slot.
Play Rainbow Riches Reels of Gold on any of these top casino sites;
Rainbow Riches Reels of Gold is played slightly different to other slots. It has x2 sets of 5-reels and offers 100 pay lines across them, as well as a variable RTP of 94% to 98%. This is where things start to look a bit different. One set of reels is set out in a 5-reel, 4-row layout and is called the main reel, the other is in a 5-reel, 12-row layout and this one is called the colossal reel. There is in the background a mountain landscape which changes colours as the reels spin and tinkling away is a track of distinctly Irish sounding music too. Symbols take inspiration from the theme with higher values including the lucky leprechaun, a rainbow, a mushroom, harp, four leaf clover and horseshoe. With the lower value symbols being card suits with a Celtic twist the heart, diamond, spade and club are brightly coloured with golden knotwork drawn onto them.
Bet Amounts – Betting also runs differently in Rainbow Riches Reels of Gold, as your active pay lines increase automatically the higher your stake. There is also the Big Bet options to consider as well which we will explain below. But first let us introduce you to the stake rules for the main game shall we? Betting begins at 10p per spin and can be increased to the maximum of £500 per spin, but the 100 active pay lines only trigger when you bet from 50p upwards as shown below.
- 10p per spin activates 20 pay lines,
- 20p per spin activates 40 pay lines,
- 30p per spin activates 60 pay lines,
- 40p per spin activates 80 pay lines,
- 50p to £500 per spin activates 100 pay lines.
Big Bet Option – You can choose the Big Bet at the beginning of every spin if you wish on Rainbow Riches Reels of Gold. This will give you a set amount of spins for a nominated value, but you will also receive some extras for the charge too.
- £10 Big Bet – awards 5 set spins and expanding mega wilds. This means wilds will expand to fill the reel on the smaller set and then transfer to the same reel on the colossal set.
- £15 Big Bet – awards 5 set spins, expanding mega wilds are active. You also land bonus symbols more often during the spins, allowing you to trigger the features easier and you receive a bonus pick me game too.
- £20 Big Bet – awards 5 set spins, expanding mega wilds are activated, bonus symbols land more often and you are awarded the super pick me game.
- £25 Big Bet – awards 5 set spins, expanding mega wilds active, bonus symbols land more often and you are awarded the mega pick me game.
You can play these games at any point just click the purple BB symbol to the right of the reels to go to the page and pick your choice. After your Big Bet round is over you can choose another, or go back to the normal game and carry on playing there.
Wild Symbol – Your wild symbol is the Rainbow Riches Reels of Gold logo. It will substitute for all other symbols except the scatter. But, if you land a stack of wild symbols on the main reel it will transfer to the same position on the colossal reel, expanding your chances of winning.
Scatter Symbol – A bunch of brightly coloured balloons is your scatter symbol and it will only land on reels 1, 3 and 5 of both sets of reels. Land three or more of the scatter symbol to trigger the bonus round.
Fairy Bonus Feature – Throughout the base game you will at random see a purple fairy fly up into the left upper corner of the screen. She will then allocate you one of several bonuses that we have outlined here for you:
- Reel Shuffle – all reels will be shuffled about in order to create the best winning combination.
- Reel Multiplier – all wins are allocated one of three multipliers, either x2, x3 or x5 will be applied at random.
- Magic Wilds – small stacks of wild symbols will be added at random to the reels and will move up and down until all stacks have been placed. New wins will be revaluated once they have finished being placed.
- Magic Symbols – any of the low value symbols will now be turned into wishing wells. Once all symbols have been converted, the wishing wells will reveal a single matching symbol from any of the higher range.
- Balloon Bonus – if there are two balloon symbols on the reels when the fairy triggers, she may well add another so you can trigger the bonus round.
- Super Wild Stack – any single or stacked wild will now expand to fill the reel it is sitting on. It will then transfer to the same position on the colossal reel, completing bigger win combinations.
- Wild Burst – butterflies will fly from the fairy’s wand and settle in random positions on the reels. Once all the butterflies have landed they will turn into wilds and help form any potential win combinations.
Balloon Bonus Feature – Once you have landed three or more of the balloon scatter symbols on Rainbow Riches Reels of Gold, you will then be taken to a pick me screen. Here there will be a choice of balloons and depending upon how many scatters you landed, will dictate the number of picks you get. Each balloon will reveal a number of spins for the next part of the game.
- 3 scatter symbols will award 1 balloon pick,
- 4 scatter symbols will award 2 balloon picks,
- 5 scatter symbols will award 3 balloon picks,
- 6 scatter symbols will award 4 balloon picks.
If you have your bet amount at 50p or more going into the bonus round, then you will be offered the choice of gambling your chosen spins. If you choose to gamble you will be taken to a new screen where you will be given the choice of dials that offer more spins. Each dial presented has a green space and a red space and a number above it. Choose your dials wisely as if you land in the red space, you lose the original spins you won and are returned the base game. Land the arrows in the green spaces however and you win those spins in place of the ones you got when you entered the round.
Rainbow Riches Reels of Gold seems like a complex slot game, but once you are in and playing it all falls into place. The big bet option may seem like a good draw to the more inexperienced player, but it’s not always going to deliver the wins you would expect, and rarely will it offer wins bigger than the stake paid. Wins happen often in the main game and thanks to the fairy bonus can be bigger without the need to wait for the bonus to land. With the different reel set ups the bonus game is triggered quicker than you would think and of course there is the extra risk of the spins gamble feature. We tried the gamble feature on a few occasions, and only once did we win extra spins. So this is not something we would advise players to make a habit of using, as you will lose all your original spins claimed.