Boku Slots is an affiliation website. We help you find gambling sites where you can play with real money.
Many or all of the products and brands featured here are from our partners who compensate us. This may influence how the product or brand appears on a page. However, this does not influence our evaluations. Our opinions are our own.
The information on this page, including operator and game details, is updated regularly but subject to change.
Wizards are always a great theme to build a slot around and this next one from Elk Studios is definitely going to be a magical one. Enter the mystical world of the Wiz and the dragon that terrorises his castle. There may only be one main feature to speak of with this game, but Elk Studios are hoping to win you over with their amazing graphics and a sneaky wild multiplier.
The Wiz is a 5-reel, 170 fixed pay line slot that offers players a very healthy 96.1% RTP. Transparent reels spin in front of a sprawling valley scene, with the wizards castle off to the left and the dragon lurking off to the right. There is even the choice of the famous Elk Studios betting strategies, so read on below to find out how they work.
All the symbols are magical in theme with higher value symbols being the sun, moon, a magic box and a potion vial. Lower value symbols include a silver ring, an amulet, a key and a spoon. There will be no dragons roaring here, just an idyllic sound of birds tweeting as a soft tinkling tune plays away while you spin the reels.
Bet Amounts – Betting is a little different in the Wiz as there is a base bet which runs from 20p per spin up to £100 per spin. Or, you have the betting strategies outlined below, which can vary your bet incrementally. To change the base bet and run the game with no strategy in play, click the coin stack symbol and choose from the bets on screen. Once you have chosen your bet click the coin stack again to bring you back to the reels.
Betting Strategies – Elk Studios offer players a choice of five different betting options on the Wiz. The first is the base bet as shown above and there are four more which we outline for you here:
- Jumper – this option allows your bet to be automatically raised by one level above what it currently stands at, after every winning spin. It will increase up to 4 levels above your current bet amount and will reset back to the original bet after a loss.
- Leveller – with this option your bet is raised automatically by 2 levels above the current bet amount, after you have received 5 consecutive losses. It will reset back to the original bet amount after a win is made.
- Booster – booster will automatically raise your bet by one level above the current bet amount you are playing, after every loss. It will raise your bet up to a maximum of 4 levels above your original bet and will reset after a win.
- Optimiser – this option will increase your bet by either 1%, 2%, 5% or 10%, depending on the total amount you have in your balance at the time of each spin. It is amended automatically and will adapt up or down whether you win or lose.
Wild Symbol – Your wild symbol on the Wiz is the red dragon and it will substitute for all other symbols except the scatter. It also has two nifty little multiplier options to award players when it lands, so read on below to find out more.
Scatter Symbol – The Wiz himself is your scatter symbol and he will trigger the feature, if you land two or more anywhere in view.
Dragon Multiplier Feature – Every time the dragon wild symbol lands on the reels, it will award a multiplier of x2 to x5 the bet amount. But land more than one dragon wild on the reels and you will receive the multiplier offered for each symbol on the reels. During the bonus spins the dragon becomes a roaming symbol too. This means that when the wild lands on the reels it will move one position to the left on each consecutive spin, until it falls off the reels. Which also means a new multiplier awarded on every spin during the bonus round!
Bonus Spins Feature – Land just 2 or more of the Wiz scatter symbols to trigger the bonus spins round. You will be allocated a number of spins, depending on how many scatters triggered the feature.
- 2 scatter symbols will award 1 bonus spins,
- 3 scatter symbols will award 5 bonus spins,
- 4 scatter symbols will award 7 bonus spins,
- 5 scatter symbols will award 10 bonus spins.
You can retrigger the bonus spins round by landing 2 or more scatters on the reels, as outlined above. The roaming dragon multiplier is active in this round as well, which awards a random multiplier of x2 to x5 your bet amount. To make things interesting for the player, all low value symbols will be transformed into their matching counterparts for the duration of the spins.
- Silver ring transforms into the sun,
- Amulet turns into the moon,
- Key turns into the magic chest,
- Spoon turns into the potion vial.
This addition of transforming symbols mean you have the chance of landing much higher wins, as all lower values have been removed!
Elk Studios has done it again, taken a theme that can be seen as over done and twist it into something fresh. The Wiz is a fun and fast paced game, offering a great bonus spins round that incorporates the dragon multiplier really well. There are lots of main game wins to be had, especially once that wild multiplier lands. We would have liked to have seen a dragon themed feature, but in the grand scheme of things it’s not that much of an issue. The game itself is highly enjoyable and extremely playable which when combined with main game and bonus spin wins, is a great combination.