It is well known that if you rub the magic lamp a genie will appear and grant you three wishes. Well Playtech have captured said genie and developed a whole game around him and the riches he can bring. Get ready to play along as Genie Jackpots opens his lamp for those who dare to enter and try to win his progressive jackpot.
Genie Jackpots is a 5-reel, 20 fixed pay line slot that offers players a magical RTP of 96.53%. The genies lamp sits off to the right-hand corner of the screen, whilst the reels seem to be floating in the sky. The music playing along is annoying at best, so our advice is to switch off the sound in order to enjoy the game. Higher value symbols include the Genie Jackpots logo, a gold jug, two scimitars and a jewelled crown. Lower value symbols include the usual card symbols A, K, Q, J and 10 in ornate script and brightly coloured to stand out on the reels.
Bet Amounts – Betting on Genie Jackpots begins at just 20p per spin and can be gradually increased to the highest amount of £500 per spin. To the left of the reels you will see the bet amount in a circle with arrows above and below. Click on these arrows until you have reached your desired bet amount before hitting spin.
Wild Symbol – Genie Jackpots wild symbol is represented by a cheeky looking performing monkey. It will substitute for all other symbols except the x2 scatters and is also your highest paying symbol. It offers x500 coins as a win for landing 5 of the wild symbols in a winning combination.
Scatter Symbols – There are x3 scatter symbols in Genie Jackpots and they are depicted by the word bonus in front of a green lattice design, a magic carpet and a treasure chest. Each symbol triggers a different award as you will see below. The bonus symbol will only appear on reels 1 and 3, whereas the magic carpet and treasure chest symbols will only appear on reel 5. In order to trigger any of the bonus games you need to have the bonus scatter on reels 1 and 3, and either the magic carpet or the treasure chest on reel 5.
3 Wishes Power Spin Feature – Triggering randomly during the main and bonus game, the three wishes power spin has a range of features that can be activated. First you will see three magic lamps appear above the reels and you get to pick one to rub and reveal the prize within.
- Infectious Monkey Wilds – monkey wilds will be added to the reels at random and will ‘infect’ the surrounding symbols turning them wild too.
- Genie Wilds plus x2 multiplier – will turn any position on the reels wild and awards a x2 multiplier to any wins it forms.
- Genie Wilds plus respin – turns a random position on the reels wild and offers a respin of the reels with the wild held in place.
- Bonus Awards feature – will instantly activate one of the two bonus games, either the magic carpet or the treasure chest bonus.
- Progressive Jackpot Award – will instantly award the progressive jackpot amount that is in the jackpot locker at the top of the screen.
Bonus Awards Feature – Triggered by the instant win from the 3 wishes bonus or by landing x2 bonus symbols on reels 1 and 3, with either a magic carpet or a treasure chest on reel 5. There are two different bonus games to play here depending on which symbol lands on reel 5.
- Magic Carpet Bonus Game – you will be taken to a new screen and shown a selection of magic carpets. Now you will be asked to pick from the magic lamps which will reveal a number to move the monkey along the carpets. As he moves along them he will reveal cash amounts under the one on which he lands. Landing on ‘collect’ will end the round and return you to the main game. Reach the end of the carpets and the green arrow to be awarded a big prize win, on top of those you have accumulated along the way. If the Jackpot Genie pops up whilst you are inside this mini game, you will be awarded random multipliers to your prize picks.
- Treasure Chest Bonus Game – here you will be taken to the genies cave and will face a treasure chest full of gold. As you enter the bonus you will be automatically awarded some of the gold from the treasure chest. Then you will be given the choice of three lamps, rub one to reveal the symbol below, if it is a genie you will win some more of the gold from the chest. The round ends once you have won all the gold from the chest or you reveal a collect symbol, which will return you to the main game.
Genie Jackpots has it all, awesome random bonuses, a great main feature and of course a progressive jackpot. If that wasn’t enough to draw you in then let us tell you about the wins, that’s what you are here for after all! During the main game the wins do come often enough but usually on the lower end of the pay scale. However, thanks to those randomly triggering main game extras, those smaller wins will soon transform. Getting into that magic carpet or treasure chest bonus is the key to your bigger wins. Luckily for you the symbols needed to trigger either of them land more often than you would think, giving you plenty of chances to get as far into the feature as possible. Overall Genie Jackpots has winged its way into our favourites, and we will definitely be visiting the magic lamp again soon.