What do you get when you combine a joker, gems and space? Well, head to Elk Studios and play Joker Gems slot to find out. It combines some of the best parts of retro slots with the modern twist of video gaming, to bring players a game of epic proportions. If that isn’t enough to pique your interest, there is a triple jackpot feature and a twist to cluster pays that you may not have seen before!
Joker Gems is a 5-reel slot that has a cluster pays way to win instead of the usual pay line structure and an RTP of 96.3%. Cluster pays means in order to win, you need to collect groups of adjacent symbols in clusters of 3 or more. Your reels are set inside a swirling nebula in space and the colours are just mesmerising. The reels themselves are transparent and are set out in a 5×5 grid filled with old school style symbols such as gems and bars. Along with the tinkling sounds that play when the reels are spinning, there is a beautiful musical track too.
Bet Amounts – Betting runs differently in Joker Gems due to the Elk Studios betting strategies that are on offer. There is a way to base bet like you would in normal slots. This means you can spin the reels for anything from 20p per spin up to £100 per spin. Read on below to find out about the other ways to bet with Joker Gems.
To amend the base bet, click the coin stack symbol and you will see the variety of betting options available. Select your chosen base bet and click the coin stack to return to the game and begin spinning the reels.
Betting Strategies – Elk Studios offers five different betting options within Joker Gems. The first is to select no betting strategy and that is explained above as the base bet option. The following four are your other options and each one has its own way of changing your bet.
- Jumper – will raise your bet by one step after each win is landed and will reset after every loss.
- Leveller – will raise your bet by two steps after you land 5 consecutive losses and will reset after you land a win.
- Booster – will raise your bet by one step after landing a losing spin and will reset after every win.
- Optimiser – this will automatically change your bet depending on your balance. Your bet will change from 1%, 2%, 5% and 10% at the beginning of every spin.
Wild Symbol – There is no wild or scatter symbol in Joker Gems. This is in part due to the adaption of the cluster pays ways to win in play. It has no negative impact on the game at all and in fact wins come as often as you would land them with a wild in play.
Other Symbols – All of the symbols in Joker Gems are brightly coloured and stunning, especially the Joker herself. Higher paying symbols are the Joker, 7’s and bars, with lower paying symbols being the gems in red, blue, orange and green.
Light Chaser Feature – Triggering at random a light will start chasing across the reels as they spin. As the light crosses the reels it will begin to slow and then draw together a cluster of matching symbols. Once the Light Chaser feature is finished it will have created a minimum cluster of 4 or 5 symbols creating a bigger win for you.
Jackpots Feature – This is a great addition when there is no wild or scatter symbol present. There are three jackpots on offer which are bronze, silver and gold. In order to win the relative jackpot, you need to land symbols in a certain pattern.
- Bronze Jackpot – land a square cluster of symbols on the centre 6-reel positions to win this jackpot. This will leave the outer reel positions vacant.
- Silver Jackpot – land a square cluster of symbols on the outer reel positions to win this jackpot. This will leave the centre 6-reel positions vacant.
- Gold Jackpot – land a giant cluster covering every reel position available to win this jackpot.
Joker Gems is a game that pushes the envelope for the way you look at online slots. Utilising the cluster pay feature but amending it and giving it a twist, so that not all spaces on the reels have symbols. This was a a risky ploy on the part of Elk Studios but having played the game we feel it definitely paid off! The light chaser feature triggers often meaning you do end up landing bigger clusters fairly regularly. As for the jackpots those are a littler harder to secure, because it means getting clusters in a shape that’s predesigned; but it’s not impossible.