Boku Slots is an affiliation website. We help you find gambling sites where you can play with real money.
Many or all of the products and brands featured here are from our partners who compensate us. This may influence how the product or brand appears on a page. However, this does not influence our evaluations. Our opinions are our own.
The information on this page, including operator and game details, is updated regularly but subject to change.
Oriental themes usually make for great slot games, we aren’t sure why, but we do know that it’s one of our favourite genres. Yggdrasil Gaming have developed a bright, colourful game called Legend of the Golden Monkey. It takes us deep into the mountains surrounded by temples and riches beyond compare. Now all you need to do is unravel the legend and see what you can win.
Legend of the Golden Monkey is a 5-reel, all ways win pay structure and has an impressive 96.10% RTP for players. All ways win means that you can form a winning combination anywhere on the reels, as long as there is a minimum of three matching symbols on adjacent reels. To understand this clearer you can check out the pay tables on the game’s information section.
In the background you will hear an almost epic sounding backing track that would fit right into a movie, but it works well with this slot and lends a great atmosphere. Higher value symbols are represented by a bronze pot, jade pot, scroll, shield, potion bottle and a tiara. Lower value symbols are represented by the usual card suits, heart, club, spade and diamond.
Bet Amounts – Betting on Legend of the Golden Monkey begins at 25p per spin and can be increased up to the maximum value of £125 per spin. You will see the bet amount to the left of the spin button, use the plus and minus symbols to increase or decrease as you choose. Once you are happy with the amount just hit spin, easy as that.
Wild Symbol – Legend of the Golden Monkey has not one, but two wild symbols for you to enjoy. They will both substitute for all other symbols except the bonus or the scatter and can both be activated at the same time or individually. The two wilds are:
- Sticky Wild – depicted by the head of the golden monkey, this symbol will only appear on reels 2 and 4. The sticky wild will remain in place for every winning spin that lands after it has appeared. The first non-winning spin will remove the wild from the reels.
- Countdown Wild – this is represented by the number 3 inside a golden frame and will only land on reel 3. It will remain in place for three spins and will countdown from 3 until it hits zero and is then removed from the reels.
Scatter Symbol – An ornate shield with the word bonus spins inside it is your scatter symbol here in Legend of the Golden Monkey. It will trigger the bonus spins round if you land three or more of the scatter anywhere on the reels.
Bonus Symbol – Your bonus symbol is a treasure chest and it will only appear on reel 5. However, when it lands it will trigger the treasure chest feature and there are two variations on this. One for the main game and one for the bonus feature, read on below to find out more.
Golden Monkey Feature – At any point during the main game of Legend of the Golden Monkey you will see the main monkey himself. Because the golden monkey will appear at the bottom of the screen. When he does he will turn any symbol on the screen into another at random. The good thing about this is that it will always be a symbol that will complete a winning combination.
Treasure Chest Feature – Land yourself a treasure chest on reel 5 to trigger this feature. It is active on both the main and the bonus games, and offers different wins in both games.
- Base game treasure chest – will award up to x1000 coins or trigger the bonus spins feature.
- Bonus game treasure chest – will award up to x1000 coins or allocate x2 extra spins to the bonus round total.
Bonus Spins Feature – Landing three or more of the scatter symbol anywhere on the reels will trigger the bonus spins feature for you. You will now be given the chance of picking your desired bonus spins feature as shown below.
- Starting Wilds – allocates 10 bonus spins with a sticky wild at the centre position of reel 3 from the start of the round. Sticky wilds will also land on reels 2 and 4 throughout the whole round.
- Incremental Wilds – allocates 6 bonus spins with a sticky wild added to reels 2 or 4 on every spin.
- Stacked Wilds – allocates 8 bonus spins with sticky wilds added to reels 2 and 4 and a stacked wild will be added to reel 3.
Legend of the Golden Monkey is an epic game full of fantastic features that will keep you entertained. Proving very popular with people of all experience levels, it is not only fun but very easy to play and to understand. The features all work independently, but in some cases link in with the others and this is a great design ploy that Yggdrasil Gaming have implemented. Wins in the main game and the bonus are varied and don’t tend to lean towards the lower end of the scale which is awesome for players all round.