Viking culture is a hugely popular theme for all slot developers, some do it well others, not so much. BetDigital slots have developed their own Viking themed slot named Valhalla and it is centred around the mythological hall of the gods.
Valhalla is a 5-reel, 10 fixed pay line slot that offers a very unwelcoming RTP of 94%. Now, this may seem low but knowing BetDigital as we do, we are sure there is a little twist to make it all better. As the reels spin it actually sounds like you are on a ship at sea, with creaking boards and ocean sounds in the background. With the reels themselves looking like they are actually an ancient scroll and symbols representing all things Viking. Symbols such as a Viking helmet, Shield and axe, golden horn, longboat and of course the usual card symbols 10, J, Q, K and A all emblazoned in gold.
Bet Amounts – Betting begins at 10p per spin and can be adjusted to £200 per spin. But this isn’t the maximum that can be bet. Using the Valhalla Spins Feature, you can increase your bet further and gain extra features as the reels spin for your extra bet. Read on below to find out how Valhalla Spins can increase your bet up to the maximum of £2000 per spin!
Wild Symbol – A Viking woman is your wild symbol and she will substitute for all other symbols within Valhalla. She will however only appear on reel 3 so could be troublesome to land. However when using the Valhalla Spins Feature she is a very rewarding symbol to have.
Scatter Symbol – There is no scatter or indeed any other bonus symbol in Valhalla which at first glance could be off putting to some people. But, we would advise to give a second chance to Valhalla as it has an extremely beneficial feature that more than justifies the lack of a scatter.
Valhalla Spins Feature – Ah, the long-awaited feature of Valhalla! There is no need to wait for scatters to land or bonus meters to fill for this one. Simply hit the Valhalla Spins Feature button at the bottom of the screen. On doing so you will be offered a choice of bet levels, each one comes with a collection of extras that will help create wins for you when the reels are spinning.
- Bet level 0 – as shown above it is your base bet and comes with no extra features except the standard wild on reel 3,
- Bet level 1 – increases base bet by x2 and awards expanding wild on reel 3,
- Bet level 2 – increases base bet by x4 and awards expanding wild on reel 3 and x1 respin,
- Bet level 3 – increases base bet by x6 and awards expanding wild on reel 3 and x2 respins,
- Bet level 4 – increases base bet by x8 and awards expanding wild on reel 3 and x3 respins,
- Bet level 5 – increases base bet by x10 and awards expanding wild on reel 3, x4 respins and an increasing win multiplier up to x4. The win multiplier will increase by x1 after each spin and will be applied to all line wins made on each spin
During all respins allocated the expanding wild will remain in place until all spins have been completed.
There may not be a scatter symbol, or indeed any other feature game, but Valhalla still delivers the big wins. In the base game the wins may be of the smaller nature regardless of bet level, but once those expanding wilds hit and you gain the respins too that’s where it starts to get interesting. Especially at bet level 5 with that increasing multiplier. When all is said and done BetDigital have created a fairly simple game with extremely effective results. Valhalla is and always will be one of our favourite games to play.