Boku Slots is an affiliation website. We help you find gambling sites where you can play with real money.
Many or all of the products and brands featured here are from our partners who compensate us. This may influence how the product or brand appears on a page. However, this does not influence our evaluations. Our opinions are our own.
The information on this page, including operator and game details, is updated regularly but subject to change.
Ancient Egypt is a huge draw for treasure hunters, with all the Egyptian gold buried beneath the pyramids. But IGT have gone one step further in their quest for the treasure below and created Pyramidion. Read on below to see whether this virtual trip to the desert will garner some rich rewards, or will it fall foul of the mummies curse?
Pyramidion is a 5-reel, 20 fixed pay line slot offering players an RTP of 94.39%. Your reels spin transparently against the backdrop of the pyramids found in Egypt. It’s a beautiful day for treasure hunting in Pyramidion with the sun blazing down as the reels spin, there’s no sun cream required here though thankfully!
Symbols range from the usual playing card icons, up to Egyptian emblems such as the scarab and snake. High paying symbols are depicted by the blue pyramid, scarab, snake, purple flower and green flower. Lower paying symbols are the A, K, Q and J, decorated in bright colours and edged in gold to tie in with the other symbols. In the background you will hear a tune playing that is very Egyptian in sound and makes you feel like you are right in the heart of the city.
Bet Amounts – Betting on Pyramidion begins at 20p per spin and can be increased up to the maximum of £200 per spin. There is only the one item to amend here and that is the total bet amount found in the bottom centre of the reels. Use the plus and minus symbols to increase or decrease the total bet and once you are happy hit spin.
Wild Symbol – Your wild symbol in Pyramidion is the word wild coloured in red and edged in gold. It will substitute for all other symbols except the scatter and the three bonus symbols.
Scatter Symbol – A stone coloured pyramid is your scatter symbol in Pyramidion and landing x2 or more will trigger the respin modifier feature for you.
Bonus Symbols – There are three bonus symbols in Pyramidion just to keep you on your toes. The first is the word Bonus in red and edged in gold, and then there are the two mystery symbols known as tomb symbols. They are depicted by the actual words describing them on top of gold slabs. These symbols work in conjunction with each other to trigger your bonus spins feature. You need to land x2 bonus symbols on reels 1 and 3 and x1 of either tomb symbol on reel 5 to trigger the relevant spins feature. Read on further to find out how the two mystery symbols trigger a specific feature, depending on which one is activated.
Respin Modifier Feature – Having landed two or more of the pyramid scatter symbol on the reels, you will trigger the respin modifier feature. You will be awarded one of the four modifiers shown below for one respin of the reels.
- Obelisk Wild Modifier – obelisks will rise from the bottom of the reels to turn at least one reel totally wild,
- Sunbeam Wilds Modifier – sunbeams will spread over the screen and add extra wilds at random across the reels,
- Mighty Reel Modifier – reels 2, 3 and 4 will transform into a 3×3 giant symbol,
- Waterfall Stacks Modifier – water will fall from above the reels transforming whole reels into matching symbols. Reels are chosen at random but at least one reel will be totally transformed into matching symbols with his feature.
Bonus Spins Feature – In order to trigger either of the bonus spin games you need to have landed the red bonus symbol on reels 1 and 3, and one of the mystery symbols on reel 5. Once you have, you will trigger either the tomb of mystery or the tomb of power spins features as shown below.
- Tomb of Mystery Spins – awards multiple bonus spins and a roaming wild reel. Reel 5 will be turned completely wild and have a x2 win multiplier allocated to any wins it helps to form. Spins will begin and at the end of each spin your wild reel will either move across to the next reel or remain on the reel it was on and have its multiplier increased by x1. The bonus spins feature ends once the wild reel has moved from reel 5 to reel 1.
- Tomb of Power Spins – awards x8 bonus spins initially to play through, with the addition of the power wilds symbol which is a red lightning bolt. There is a meter to the side of the reels which accumulates a new red lightning bolt on every spin. If you land a red lightning bolt on the reels, the accumulated bolts at the side will move over onto the reels turning the adjacent symbols wild. You are also awarded an extra spin and your lightning bolt meter is increased by x1 as well. This means if you have x5 bolts accrued to the side of the reels and you land another one during a spin, you will have x6 symbol spaces turned wild, receive another spin to your total and your accrued number of bolts increases to x6 for the next spin and so on. The round end once all bonus spins have been played through.
Pyramidion is a game that you will want to spin time and again. It is easy to play and there are lots of opportunities for wins, thanks to the numerous scatters and bonus symbols in play throughout the game. Main game wins come fairly often too, meaning even if those features didn’t trigger you would still find reason to play. We loved the way the feature games change the scene too, giving the eyes new things to look at such as the inside of a tomb. This is a great ploy on the designers part to keep things fresh and interesting, which can sometimes be lacking in a lot of slots. No such thing as being bored with IGT’s Pyramidion though and we can see why it has proved popular with players across the board.