Boku Slots is an affiliation website. We help you find gambling sites where you can play with real money.
Many or all of the products and brands featured here are from our partners who compensate us. This may influence how the product or brand appears on a page. However, this does not influence our evaluations. Our opinions are our own.
The information on this page, including operator and game details, is updated regularly but subject to change.
In history it is mostly kings that ruled the castle but not in this next slot from NextGen Gaming. Here in this realm we have a Queen of the Castle and she wants to share her wealth with everyone in the kingdom. So, it is time to step inside the castle walls and see what riches you can find by spinning the reels and triggering some very interesting features.
Play Queen of the Castle on any of these top casino sites;
Queen of the Castle is a 5-reel slot offering 576 ways to win and an RTP of 96.51%, for everyone who enters the castle gates. Overall the game has a light airy feel to it with well-drawn and colourful graphics, as well as an overbearingly noisy sound track that plays away as the reels spin. The reels themselves are set out inside the castle structure and begin in a 3, 4, 4, 4, 3 set up. Symbols include a standard flag, a corgi, a pouch of gold, a throne and four coloured gems making your higher values. With lower values being the A, K, Q, J and 10 symbols edged in gold to be given a royal twist.
Bet Amounts – Betting on Queen of the Castle begins at 40p per spin and can be increased to £100 per spin at its highest. To adjust the bet use the coin icons above and below the spin button, until you are happy with your bet amount.
Wild Symbol – Queenie herself is the wild symbol in Queen of the Castle. She will substitute for all other symbols except the combi scatter symbol.
Scatter Symbols – During the base game of Queen of the Castle the scatter symbol is the shield and landing three or more of these anywhere on the reels will trigger the bonus spins. But during the bonus spins the shield is transformed into a crown and helps build towards one of the aspects within the feature.
Locked Reels Feature – Triggering randomly you will notice vines begin to twist around reels 2, 3 and/or 4. Any symbols on these reels will now change to become a set of matching symbols and will lock together for a single respin.
Mystery Chest Feature – You will notice that on occasion red or purple chest symbols will appear on the reels in Queen of the Castle. If you manage to fill reels 1 with red chests or 5 with purple chests, then there are some special features triggered for doing so.
- Red Chests – fill reel 1 with red chests to have all royal symbols on reels 2, 3, 4 and 5 removed. Royal symbols are the A, K, Q and J, and they will be replaced with red chests. You will now receive a reel spin with the chests locked in place and once the reels have landed the chests will open to reveal matching symbols. Those symbols could be any of the higher values which are the flag, dog, throne, gold, and the 4 gems.
- Purple Chests – fill reel 5 with purple chests to have all the gem symbols on reels 1, 2, 3 and 4 removed. Gem symbols are the pink, blue, yellow and green gem stones and they will now be replaced with purple chests. Again, you will receive a respin of the reels with the chests locked in place. Once the reels have stopped spinning the purple chests will open to reveal a matching symbol. That symbol could be the flag, dog, throne or gold.
- Red and Purple Chests – if you should land reels 1 and 5 with red and purple chests simultaneously, then you are in for a double treat. All the chests will be turned into purple ones, but the removal of symbols from both red and purple chests will be removed. This will offer a much bigger win potential as more symbols are being removed and replaced with the purple chest feature.
Mystery Chest Nudge Feature – If you should land a partial stack of red chests on reel 1 or purple chests on reel 5, you may trigger this feature. It doesn’t happen every time though so be aware of this going into the game. But should it trigger it will nudge the reels up or down until a full stack of chests is showing on the reel. Once it has completed then the Mystery Chest Feature will activate, and you will play through that as shown above.
Bonus Spins Feature – Land three of the shield scatter symbol on the reels 2, 3 and 4 in Queen of the Castle to trigger the bonus spins round. you will be allocated 14 bonus spins and now the shield is transformed into a crown offering an extra in game feature. There is a meter at the side of the reels which will fill up every time you land a crown scatter symbol on reels 2, 3 and/or 4 and there are 4 levels to climb.
- Level 1 – reaching level 1 will allocate x2 extra spins and an additional row to reels 2, 3 and 4 and expanding the pay lines to 1125,
- Level 2 – reaching level 2 will allocate x2 extra spins and another row added to reels 2, 3 and 4 which expands the pay lines to 1944,
- Level 3 – reaching level 3 will allocate x2 extra spins and yet another row added to reels 2, 3 and 4 which will expand the pay lines to 3087,
- Level 4 – reaching level 4 will award a total of 6 extra spins with no more additions to the reels.
If you still have spins left after reaching level 4, then you can still fill the meter up when the crown scatter symbol lands. You will keep receiving 6 extra spins each time you fill the meter up, once you have reached level 4. Meaning you could extend your spins round for some time if you are lucky enough.
Well, Queen of the Castle certainly hits the spot for us. If you haven’t got your head round those features just yet don’t panic. Because once you begin to play they all become very clear and we hope we made them as easy as possible to understand. We loved the fact that the features almost integrate with each other and kind of feed off each other. Add to that the expanding rows during the bonus spins which increase your pay line structure and you are onto a winner. There isn’t much more you would need from Queen of the Castle, aside from a knighthood that is and we think NextGen Gaming are a way off from providing that just yet!