Boku Slots is an affiliation website. We help you find gambling sites where you can play with real money.
Many or all of the products and brands featured here are from our partners who compensate us. This may influence how the product or brand appears on a page. However, this does not influence our evaluations. Our opinions are our own.
The information on this page, including operator and game details, is updated regularly but subject to change.
We first met Sam in what appeared to be an 80’s neon arcade, but he has decided it is time for a break. So, Elk Studios have given him just that, plus they have married him off and given him a child. So, why not head on down to join Sam on the Beach and see what treasures can be found beneath the sand.
Sam on the Beach is a 5-reel slot with 243 ways to win across the reels. As is expected with Elk Studio’s games the RTP is a very healthy 96.30% and you will of course have those betting strategies to help things along. The reels spin transparently against the beach landscape and the music lulls you into a dreamy feeling, making you almost hear those waves lapping at your feet.
Bet Amounts – Betting begins in the base level at 20p per spin and can be increased up to £100 per spin. However, there are alternative betting strategies in place in Sam on the Beach and you can read about those below.
Betting Strategies – If the base level bets are a bit too tedious for you and you want something a little more exciting. Then why not try one of the four available betting strategies which Sam on the Beach has to offer?
- Optimiser – this is an interesting pick as it will automatically select a percentage of your balance as a bet amount. This can range from 1%, 2%, 5% and 10% of your balance and it will amend the levels dependant on what you have available at the time of each spin.
- Leveller – choosing this will automatically raise your bet by 2 levels after 5 consecutive losses are made and this will reset after a win.
- Jumper – picking this will raise your bet automatically after every win is made, but only until you reach 4 levels above your original base bet. It will reset after a loss is made.
- Booster – your base bet will be raised by one level after every loss until you reach 4 levels above your original base bet. However, if you land a win it will reset, and you will start again.
Wild Symbol – The Sam on the Beach logo is your wild and will substitute for all other symbols except the scatter. During the bonus spins round the wild also becomes sticky and will help create more wins.
Scatter Symbol – A golden bell is your scatter symbol and landing three or more will trigger the bonus spins round.
Other Symbols – As with the first game your higher value symbols are the characters which are Sam, Sandra, Maggie and Ted. The lower values are the neon shapes the crab, starfish and seahorse.
Beach Memories Respin Feature – Now, this a new addition to the Sam games as there was no other extra in the first. If you are lucky enough to land all four of the characters from Sam on the Beach in a horizontal line in any order, you will be allocated a respin. Not only that, any wilds that were on the reels before will remain in place for the respin!
Bonus Spin Feature – Sam on the Beach offers the same interesting mini features inside the bonus spins game that its predecessor does. But first you need to have landed three or more to enter the feature and receive your spins as shown below:
- 3 scatter symbols will award 5 bonus spins,
- 4 scatter symbols will award 10 bonus spins,
- 5 scatter symbols will award 15 bonus spins.
Every bell scatter that lands during the feature will award one extra spin to your total. If you are lucky you may even land one or more of the following extras aptly named electric treats:
- Sam’s Electric Treat – land 3 Sam character symbols and he will connect his plug and turn a random symbol on reels 2, 3, 4 or 5 into a sticky wild. This sticky wild will remain in place contributing to winning combinations for the remaining spins.
- Sandra’s Electric Treat – land 3 Sandra character symbols and she will increase the multiplier for any wins, from a minimum of x1 up to a maximum of x8.
- Maggie’s Electric Treat – land 3 Maggie character symbols and she will remove all Maggie and lower value symbols to replace them with a matching symbol instead.
- Ted’s Electric Treat – land 3 or more Ted character symbols and he will turn all Ted symbols into sticky multipliers. Meaning he will remain on the reels for the duration of the spins and offer either a x2 or a x3 multiplier on all wins.
Sam on the Beach is definitely an upgrade on the original in more ways than one. The addition of the extra feature is certainly appreciated as the game would have basically been the same without it. The wins happen frequently enough in the base game, albeit at the lower end of the pay scale but the bonus spins is where the big money is. Once you trigger that bonus spins round, which isn’t actually that hard to do, it can be extended easily as those bell scatters seem to enjoy popping up on the reels. An enjoyable slot and Elk Studios expanded on the original theme so we are looking forward to where Sam may go next.